New Updates After the NPU Steering Committee January 2016 Meeting
The NPU Steering Committee met (by Skype) on 26 January 2016. The topics discussed included:
- Analysis of the results obtained from a survey of the national societies that are IFCC members. Few countries have a national policy for laboratory terminology and there is recognition that greater efforts should be made to promote the importance of standard terminology in assuring patient safety. Several suggestions were made in the survey for promotional support material and the Steering Committee will follow up on these.
- Preparation of the annual report for 2015. This will be added to the website once it is approved.
- Preparation of the strategic plan for 2016 with actions split between governance; external relationships; promotion and development. The strategic plan will be posted on the website when it is complete.
- Reports from National Release Centres in Norway, Sweden and Denmark where NPU terminology is established at national level
- Plans for a face to face meeting in April 2016